Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sound Design - Collaborating with an Audio Production student

Last Tuesday a selection of third year students from the Audio Production course came to the Think Tank so we could pitch our film ideas and meet them, possibly forming a line of communication with a student (or students) who were interested in producing the soundtrack for our films. Unfortunately I couldn't grab a student who was interested in working on my film so I emailed the Audio Production course leader asking to send out an announcement on Blackboard basically saying there is a third year student looking for a sound designer to produce the soundtrack for their film.

I got a response Sunday night from a second year student, Alex Capper, who I have been communicating with over the past couple of days. I have been telling her about my film idea as well as what kind of sound design I will need for my film. We have also sent each other links to our work online so we have both now got an idea of what style of work we both produce. Alex has shown great interest in working on my film and I've found her work to be of a very good standard.

As well as talking about ourselves and our work, we have been discussing the strengths and weaknesses of our skill sets. Alex has mentioned she hasn't tried doing exaggerated cartoony effects before but feels fine with producing a 50's rock 'n' roll backing track and the foley sounds that can be recorded easily. I said that if she is struggling with the workload, then she is more than welcome to bring another AP student on board to help her with the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment