Wednesday 21 May 2014

PDP - Reflection and Beyond University

Yesterday I finished my film and handed it in for submission. I am pleased with my film and feel it is a solid piece of work. For the rest of this week I am going to tweak a couple things in the film, as well as include credits at the end, and re-render for degree show submission, hopefully at the end of this week.

At the beginning of this year I set out to meet three goals; produce an animated film done for which After Effects was the centre of the production process, to increase my knowledge and skills in the softwares I am most interested and enjoy using, and to be able to produce a style of art I can call my own, and expand on it to develop and better my style throughout the year and for this to show in the film. I believe I gave met my goals and am really happy with where I am in my skill set, as well as the film itself and my personality in a studio environment.

The past 3 years has been great, and I have learnt a lot, both in animation production and story telling. I came to University wanting to understand the world of animation, and to produce my own stories on screen in which my characters tell them. I feel I have accomplished this, and will continue to develop my skills to improve my storytelling.

There are quite a few areas I feel I need to improve my skills, not just animation wise, but also time management and organisation. I want to improve on my efficiency as well as I am quite a slow worker and feel I need to improve on my overall time management and be more confident in my abilities.

My next step is to put together my portfolio which will consist of an animation demo reel and design portfolio. The animation reel will be 2D based, and will feature my best animations from time at at University as well as my own projects. I will also apply for jobs over the summer and beyond whilst building and improving my portfolio and skill set too. I will also develop my website further and begin using social networks to get my portfolio out there and make connections whilst staying in contact with the connections I have made throughout University.

Thank you to all the tutors, close friends and family who have helped and supported my ambitions throughout the past 3 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment