Thursday 15 May 2014

Rendering Settings

I have used several programs in the production of my film so a workflow needed to be set up so no mistakes were made during the integration of files from one file to another. All document settings were 1280 by 720 as standard with 25fps.

From Illustrator

I exported the asset files from Illustrator with HD/HDTV 720 Size, 1280 x 720 points and 72 ppi.



From Flash


I created rough animation in Flash and exported them as an PNG image sequences into Photoshop to clean up as Photoshop gives more options for clean up than Flash, as it is bitmap and not vector based.

From Photoshop

To start with, I rendered animations from Photoshop as TIFFs without compression, however this gave it a black background that couldn't be cut in After Effects. To fix this, I decided to export the clean and coloured animation from Photoshop as a PNG image sequence, to retain quality unlike a Quicktime, but also with straight unmatted alpha channel so the sequence rendered without a black background and could be composted straight into After Effects


From After Effects

I exported animation from After Effects as a TIFF image sequence without compression to retain quality too

From Premiere Pro

With the music and sound effects, I rendered my completed film for submission as a Quicktime H.264 Video Codec, 1280 x 720 25fps with Progressive Field Order and Square Pixels and 48000 Hz AAC sound.

Side Note:

Problems and Solutions:

For the montage sequence where we see Betty cooking William's food, I thought I could have her use several props and not just two. I set up both the left and right arm with 2 props; left had a wooden spoon and a pan whilst the right had a knife and meat mallet. I created two pre-comps, one for each arm and its corresponding props.


I came across a problem when trying to animate the arms (using IK with the Duik plug in); when rasterised, the props intersect each other and the prop layer on top creates an outline on the prop layer below.




To fix this, I had to create two copies of each arm with one prop in each. This way I could use the Duik plug in to rig these arms with IK and still use both, by key framing the opacity property of each one when needed in the shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment