Thursday 27 February 2014

Animation Update - Shot 2 - One Step Back, Two Steps Forward

In between continuing the layouts for my film, I've been animating Betty in Shot 2 on the side.



When I showed Hilary the 'improved' version of Shot 2, she quickly commented on how too much was happening at once. Now that I have attempted one of the more difficult shots to animate twice, one using a rather simple character file from Illustrator and the other, a more difficult file with more assets to contend with, I now know how much detail I need to put into creating the character files from now on so I have less assets to deal with and produce better animation. 

UPDATE

William Waitress head turn 




The head pre-comp for William containing all his head shapes, hair, hats, smiles and sads and ears works quite well, although I think this animation can be improved further with tighter spacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment