Tuesday 4 February 2014

Getting Help with Animation - Effects - 3rd Year Bo Lee

This morning I approached Bo Lee about possibly helping with the effects needed for my film. Bo has been primarily helping Brett with the animation and clean up on his own film since November. They are using Flash to animate their film and the reason I approached Bo for help is because the type of effects I want in my film can't be done in After Effects as well as they could be done in Flash. Bo is a good animator and I like how she animates and wants to learn new things. She can also develop with a different style which is why I have gone with designs for the effects that suit my film as well as keeping them fairly simple for her to breakdown into their components and therefore animate them well.

Here are the effects and the corresponding shots they will be featured in:

- Shot 26 - burp lines (when William finishes his first meal and interrupts Betty from writing her check for him)

- Shot 32 - smoke 1 - small puffs - light grey colour (for the first part of the montage where we see Betty frantically preparing William's meals)

- Shot 36 - smoke 2 and fire 1 - steady - mid grey colour and small fire (for the second part of the montage)

- Shot 40 - smoke 3 and fire 2 - chugging like a steam engine - dark grey colour and large fire (for the third part of the montage and Japanese black bar effect before cutting to black and starting the third act)

- Shot 48 - grey cloud and colour explosion (when Betty hits William over the head with the frying pan)

- Shot 49 - streamers and confetti in the background (party pan)

- Shot 53 - fireworks (exterior pan)

Below is the quick design reference sheet I made for her so she can start having a go at them.

(insert scan)

UPDATE - Monday 10th February 

This morning Bo showed me the effects that she started over the weekend. I am happy with her progress and have given her pointers and changes to be made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment