Tuesday 4 February 2014

Organising and Finalising the Planning

Today I finalised the planning for every aspect of the production for my film. I decided to make a much clearer asset checklist in Excel so I know which assets need to be done. I also did the same for the characters (rig or custom pose) that I'll need for each shot. This will also be useful for the second year(s) who wish to help out with the animating as I included a list of who will be doing what. I included Bo Lee because she is doing some of the effects for the background animation in Flash for me. 

NOTE - (A) means assets that will be animated, (NA) not animated but a required for that particular shot 

Assets including layouts, characters and props


Shot planning


I've also been creating the design reference sheets for Bo's effect animation work

One of the pieces of animation I have asked Bo to do for me is a sequence of increasingly growing smoke clouds emitting from a cooker hob, for the montage sequence showing the service rush at the end of Act Two in my film. The idea behind is that as time goes by in the film, and the clock is cutting close to midnight (Betty's goal to finish serving the man) the smoke is used to visualise the stress and growing panic stirring inside Betty. This will be shown by her animation, but small background elements like the smoke columns will add to the meaning behind the montage.


I also went through the custom poses and custom layouts for my film and produced reference sheets so I can quickly refer back to what angle I need to illustrate the custom pose at.



No comments:

Post a Comment