Thursday 28 November 2013

After Effects 3D Scene Set Up Practice

I've been practicing illustrating various assets for my exterior scene and importing them into After Effects to create a 3D scene that I can bring in cameras and animate certain shots for example the establishing shot which is a pan and track in.



I put each part of the apartment building on separate layers before going into After Effects. I made sure to "Release to Layers (Sequence)" before I went into After Effects and imported the ai. file. This is so the layers appear in After Effects as they do in Illustrator. 

I parented the different parts of the building to the main building shape so when I moved that particular piece to set it up in 3D space, everything parented to it would move with it too in all directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment