Friday 8 November 2013

Research - Firework Display Photo Shoot

At the end of my film, we see a firework display in the background of the reverse establishing shot to signify not only the end of the film but emphasise the 'happy' ending for the protagonist, Betty. Because I am still not 100 % as to whether I'll do my backgrounds in Photoshop / Illustrator or Maya with cell shading and composite them into After Effects, I used Bonfire Night as an opportunity to take some photos of a local firework display. Unfortunately I didn't have my DSLR at home so I had to use my phone. Luckily, the camera is pretty good at capturing high speed object so I managed to take some good reference photos for when I come to animate my own firework explosions in 2D or adjust the attributes of the firework dynamic in Maya.














No comments:

Post a Comment