Monday 4 November 2013

Storyboard Editing - Extra Scenes

Throughout the storyboarding process, I've thought up of a few extra panels that could work in my film. However, from editing my final storyboard this past week, and creating a rough animatic from it, I've decided to leave them of the final edit for now. The extra panels do work, it's just in terms of production time, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to fit them in with everything else I've drawn up so far. 

Below is a quick synopsis of the two extra scenes:

- When we first see the man (his arm is holding door open) he should look ominous. After Betty looks up at the man, we see a light come up from behind the man which makes his shadow long making him look scary and dominating but when the light changes direction, we see a car turn left in the background. This reveals the strange light that made the man's shadow appear longer than it is to be from the cars' headlights. The shadow then drops in size to his real shadow and is revealed to be a short man. 



This scene does work, however it doesn't add to the story or characters in any way. I think it's more of a gag than a story point. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of the third act, just after Betty has hit William over the head with a frying pan, and just before we see the party starting at the diner, I was thinking of adding an extra panel where we see people in silhouette form running from the buildings on either side of the diner into the diner for the party. They could be carrying champagne bottles, balloons, disco ball etc. 


This would work in my film as it'll establish that Betty's friends (since we saw her looking up to the building earlier) are the people at the party, and not random strangers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment