Wednesday 6 November 2013

Story Development - Rough Animatic

I've finished putting my storyboard into a rough animatic. It's taken me a little longer to finish than I thought it would, but I think the timing is there. I wanted to nail the timing of each scene down first before I went ahead and produced a cleaner version. At the moment it is just over 3 minutes long. I feel this a little too much for me to animate, so I am going to edit it further and cut anything that's not essential to the story or dynamic. Although my film has a lot of quick cuts and repeated animation, it it still a lot to do.


There a few tweaks I need to make for my final animatic to make everything read better:

- Few extra panels to make it clear what's going on in some parts for example, when he asks for the bill towards the end

- Animate more things e.g. the objects floating around Betty's head when she imagines what she buy with a huge tip

- Tighter fade in's and out's, especially the end of the montage sequence in the middle where we see Betty concentrating

- I may get rid of the scene where he orders dessert (coffee and cake) about half way in as it's a sequence that's not needed as it doesn't add to the story or characters at all. If I cut this out, it would take off 13 seconds of screen time

- I will also re-do the drawings of the characters in their final design form so it's even more clear what's going on. I think the style of drawing I've down for my storyboard and this animatic doesn't suit the story or pacing of the action (they're not zany enough unlike the final designs)

- Finally, some sound effects


No comments:

Post a Comment