Friday 8 November 2013

More Character Development

Betty the Waitress

I have found Betty's design to be more of a challenge to get right than Williams'. After speaking to Neil on Tuesday, I've found my design style for William (who is now finished) to be quite different to what I've been doing for Betty. Neil also said they look like characters from two different worlds so it's quite distracting to look at them and see how they'll interact in my film. For this reason, I've had to really simplify Betty's design to fit in more with William's'.




UPDATE:

I've been struggling to simplify Betty's design down, especially her body shape, so I decided to go back to character inspiration. I found Linda Flynn-Fletcher from Disney's Phineas and Ferb to be useful in realising how so few lines can get across a woman's body shape.



Something I have noticed however, is Linda's 'mum' hips make her look older than say what Betty's age is. Betty is 25 and she doesn't have any kids or is married so I don't think she'll have as quite defined hips as Linda above does.

Lindana however, when she becomes a pop star, appears younger and less 'mum'. She looks more youthful and full of life than Linda above.





William the Businessman




Betty and William together

I decided to do a quick sketch of the two characters together. I think they work, but Betty needs to be simplified even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment