Tuesday 26 November 2013

Car and Diner Design - Sketches





I want the diner to be the focus point of my exterior shots. The apartment buildings of either side of the diner as well as the two smaller buildings in the foreground and the three rows of building silhouettes in the background are composed of angular straight edges. This is why I have gone for a diner that's rounded and small in comparison to the surrounding buildings so it'll stand out more.

Disney Pixar's "UP" were a great inspiration for this concept. The use of contrasting colours; warm colours for Carl's house and cold blues and greys for the surrounding development sites have been very helpful in decided the colours for my diner and surrounding apartment buildings. I think that using pinks, yellows and reds for the diner, mainly the interior, will get across the idea of the diner being a warm, fun and friendly place.


No comments:

Post a Comment